Monday, October 20, 2008

Penne, Morning Glories and Fireflies

I didn't want to let too much time pass before trying my new recipe for this week so I decided to jump right in and try one today. It came in the nick of time too because we ate nothing but junk yesterday it was bad so today I made a new pasta dish, it's a Rachael Ray dish, Penne with Pumpkin Cream Sauce. It was a big hit and that's saying a lot because Mike went into it thinking he wouldn't like it, he's not a big savory pumpkin guy but we both cleaned our plate and we're both looking forward to leftovers for dinner tomorrow. I fell in love with the dish right away because it's made quick and easy in one pot!


Another exciting thing this week - our Morning Glories started to bloom! They are beautiful blue flowers! So far they are only blooming one at a time I can't wait when a bunch of them bloom at once, especially since they only bloom for the day and then they turn purple start to shrivel and close back up. But all day I kept popping out to the porch just to look at my pretty blue flower!



Another interesting thing today, Mike and I went for a long walk tonight and we noticed fireflies! I have never seen fireflies down here before and neither has Mike so we were pretty much in awe. I'm sure the people who passed us though we were out of our minds. It put a nice cap on a nice day.

More soon...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Champions Gate, FL with my husband and our four fur babies (3 cats and 1 dog)I spend my time either being creative or trying to get the creative juices flowing. I love to cook, go for swims and take the dog for long walks.