Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Celebrating the Season with Good Times & Good Friends!

My goodness I've been a terrible blogger lately but I have lots to share so once again I will be playing catch up!! Many of you will be surprised to know I'm up to date on Celebrate the season album so I'll try to share some of the pages as well!

Ok so my last post was kind of a tease - I took a photo of the beautiful Cinderella Castle while Mike and I were at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party at the Magic Kingdom. The evening got off to a rocky start because naturally it rained - I've found that anytime I'm really looking forward to something especially when that something involves me driving or being outside it will rain! But the night wasn't a wash out and Mike and I managed to have quite a bit of fun! We got our picture taken with Donald Duck, we rode some of the rides, we ate holiday colored Dole Whips and then got hot apple cider, we watched the spectacular fireworks and enjoyed the parade and did a little shopping. The night went by so fast but it was so much fun!!



The next day (December 19) Monika and Dave picked us up and we headed to Epcot to enjoy some of the Holiday decorations and events there. We had dinner in China and dessert in France, we saw the giant gingerbread house, and we watched Whoopi Goldberg narrate the Candlelight Procession. This is something I like to watch every year, it is so beautiful and so moving, it just really fills me with the spirit of Christmas. The weather was perfect and we just enjoyed spending time with friends.



On December 20th we had a busy day filled with friends but I didn't take a single pict
ure - can you imagine?!? We woke up early and went over to Tom and Anna's for breakfast, we met their son and just had a lovely morning talking and eating and laughing. After we left there we did a little shopping and then Leslie came over for dinner and to help us drink some of the party booze haha! We had fajitas (thanks Leslie) and rice and chili cheese dip and many drinks! It was so much fun. Wil joined us later on for coffee and cookies! We were up late and I drank more then I usually do but it was just a really nice night so worth the headache I had the next morning for sure!!

Tuesday December 22 Gabby drove to Orlando for a visit! What a fun day we had!!! We went to Animal Kingdom early and went on the Safari, we saw a ton of animals and the weather w
as perfect!! We had an amazing lunch at Tusker House, we ate lots and lots of yummy things and left there absolutely stuffed it was fantastic. We walked around the park and paid Tom a little visit. Then we headed back here for some girl talk before picking Mike up from work. Once we had collected Mike we headed to Celebration and met Gabby's dad and step-mom for dinner. It was so great, Gabby is so special to us that it was nice to spend time with her family. We then headed outside to watch it Snoap - snoap is the term we came up with for Florida snow because they do it all over but it's really just soap suds coming out and though it looks pretty I really felt it needed a silly name!! After the snoap we came back here and opened presents!! It was so fun and such a good day!!!



Stay tuned my Christmas Eve/Day post coming shortly!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Champions Gate, FL with my husband and our four fur babies (3 cats and 1 dog)I spend my time either being creative or trying to get the creative juices flowing. I love to cook, go for swims and take the dog for long walks.