Monday, January 24, 2011

LOADing Up

February 1st I will begin my third Layout a Day run by the super fabulous Lain Ehmann! (Have I mentioned how much I love her?)

Layout a Day or LOAD as we call it has truly been a life changer so I am super excited to start another round. But this time around I'm also a little nervous because this will be my first time doing LOAD with a job! I am trying to take what I've learned in previous go rounds in order to put together a game plan for February's LOAD. So here are a few things I'm trying to do in order to prepare.
  • Think about photos I want to use and stories I want to tell - I don't print these in advance because I'm never sure what size photo I want to use but knowing what photos I want to use helps.
  • Keeping my craft room clean and organized - this has been a challenge for me in the past but I'm happy to say that lately I've been doing a good job at cleaning up after myself.
  • Stocking up - I stock up on adhesive and cardstock these are the only two items I will run out of during LOAD
  • Throw out the idea of perfection - totally a mental thing but possibly the most important. Not every layout will be perfect, not every layout will turn out the way I thought it would but every layout will be one more I've completed, one more story I've told and that's good enough for me.
  • Don't over plan - I do the basic prep for LOAD because I like to use Lain's prompts, I keep an open mind and allow myself to be guided on the journey!
Hopefully these tips will help you prepare for your LOAD journey! Let me know if you are joining the adventure and what you do to prepare! One thing I'm super excited about for this LOAD - my mom is joining in the fun as well - hopefully she loves it as much as I do. I think it will be super fun for us to do this together, a nice way to connect even though we live far apart.

Ready to read more about LOAD? Follow some of my LOAD family for a little blog hop:

Lain www.layoutaday.com
Danielle H. scrappindanielle.blogspot.com
Margie www.xnomads.typepad.com
S snapsandsnippets.blogspot.com
Lisa lisahausmann.blogspot.com
Laura www.mom2nick.typepad.com
Rosann brooklyngirlnextdoor.blogspot.com
Gayle lifeonlilypadlane.blogspot.com
Jennifer atthebluebarn.blogspot.com
Heather www.heathersdragonsden.blogspot.com
Tere terecontodomicorazon.blogspot.com
Niki thepaperpeddler.blogspot.com
Janet www.khashabfamilymusings.blogspot.com
Lee thelinarstudio.typepad.com/embracelife
Junelle www.yes-and-amen.com
Julie www.juleshollis.com

18 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see what you create in February, Dani! See you in the gallery!

Susanne said...

I think you are right not to over-prepare; spontaneous is more fun. Although there are a few things I want to follow up on based on the blog hop hints. Can't wait to get started, see you there.

OhioDanielle said...

How fun to have your mom join us! Will she be scrappin' some of your baby photos, lol!?!

Good luck with LOAD this time around since you'll be working through it! I agree with you that LOAD is a life changer. I know that I learned so much about myself last May and October. Can't wait to see your layouts!

Laura T. said...

I am with you on the overplanning. I too try to follow Lain's prompts everyday because there are always prompts that I would not have thought of to make as a page if I had to think of it on my own. Looking forward to seeing your work.

Heather said...

I wish I could talk my Mom into doing this with me too. She keeps saying she has no photos, when in reality she has buckets and buckets of photos...
At any rate we are going to have fun with your Mom! That's so awesome.
See you in February!

Susan said...

Hope you and your mom have a great time this LOAD! Thanks for the fun tips~

Unknown said...

Keeping the craft room clean - I hear you on that one!!
Jennifer McIntyre
@atthebluebarn

Janice said...

It will be fun for you to see what your mom has done with the same prompts.

Jenny McGee said...

Can;t wait to get started. I need to straighten my scrap table and stock up on adhesive. Maybe buy a new blade for my trimmer too.

LCSmithSAVED said...

Thx! I did LOAD in Oct and loved it, but signed up at the last possible moment so had NO PREP - one thing I'm doing this time is pulling some of the lovely goodies I have stashed so I make sure to use things I am INSPIRED by - see ya there!
PS - Hope you had a wonderful bday & are enjoying your new camera! and that everyone is back to health. See ya on FB.
LCSmithSAVED@juno.com

Lain said...

YOu are brilliant! :)

Margie S said...

How great that your mom is going to play along. Is she following your advice on how to prepare? ;-) I look forward to seeing your work in the gallery.

TracyBzz said...

Good luck completing LOAD with a job. What better way to spend a bit of time in the evening than working with photos and memories? Better than watching tv.

tonileo said...

Well, I will be following, Danielle on getting ready for LOAD.. And using some baby pictures of her is a great idea.. Looking forward to the fun Daniellee, love ya, mom

nicehands said...

Dani - left you a msg on the WOAD thread on the LOAD flickr board. Hoping we can (GASP!) combine the 2 for the month of Feb. Say it isn't so! But oh yes...I say we can and should! Looking forward to seeing your work in the gallery as of the 1st!Heidi aka move4life

nicehands said...

oh Dani--forgot to mention this but so much fun that your mom is joining in this round!!!! :) Heidi

Marygail said...

I'm all LOADing up - but I may be over preparing.

Lisa said...

Hi there! Great to see you in LOAD again this time and I am sure you will do just great juggling job and LOAD. So, the dinner doesn't get cooked or the laundry piles up??? Not nearly as important as all the fun we will be having together! See you over at Flickr!

About Me

My photo
I live in Champions Gate, FL with my husband and our four fur babies (3 cats and 1 dog)I spend my time either being creative or trying to get the creative juices flowing. I love to cook, go for swims and take the dog for long walks.