Sunday, September 28, 2008

Playing Catch Up

It is amazing how much can happen in such a short time. I feel like it was ages ago that I was leaving for Ohio and now here I am back at home completely wiped out and worried that I came home too soon. The week with my family in Ohio was an emotional one filled with ups and downs but I'm happy to report that my grandmother is home and though she still has a long road ahead of her she is doing much better.

I learned valuable lessons while away both about myself and about others and I also learned everything I could about Ileostomies. I learned my parents' house has way too many stairs which I ran up and down about 100 times a day. I learned that changing planes, at least in Charlotte, was not as bad or as scary as I thought it would be. I learned that when the chips are down some people will be there for you and some people won't and it's never the people you expect. It's a lesson I learn over and over and yet I always end up surprised.

I am happy to be home to be with my husband and the fur babies to get settled back into normal everyday life but I feel guilty too that I shouldn't get to have the normal everyday life while my grandmother is still struggling. I wonder if another week would have been a bigger help or a crutch for my grandmother and I guess I will never know. I could just have easily stayed an extra week and still felt this way when I came home. I have to remind myself that I did all I could, that me, my parents, my sister and my super amazing "brother" Andrew banded together and got stuff done and it was a lot more then other people did or would have been capable of doing and I think we should all be proud of ourselves. Were there bad times? Yes. Were there tears? Just about everyday. Were there arguments? Yes. But through all that we love each other and we were there for each other and will continue to be for the long haul! I want to thank everyone who sent their well wishes to my family during this time I appreciate it more then you know and for those who I have not heard from I thank you too for teaching me a lesson and for helping me decide to no longer be duped by you.

This weekend has been mostly spent getting caught up on emails, blogs, shopping and sleep and hopefully by tomorrow I will be fully recovered and will be able to get back to my new recipe a week project and I will hopefully be able to get back into the craft room and work on projects in there too. I've been reminded that anything can happen at any time and living each and every moment is important. My plan is to live and to capture these important moments and stories in my scrapbooks and in my writing. I feel inspired and eager to share.

Today will be a day of multiple blog posts so that this one post didn't get super long. In the next post I will be focusing on food and some of the fun things that have happened recently I hope you will join me and I look forward to hearing all of your thoughts!

1 comment:

Lisa Hope said...

Move over Rocco, hello - the vodka sauce? Can you please make that for me when I come over? Diet be gone, that looks amazing. I think it's extraordinary that you still maintain your creative flow while dealing with very difficult emotional conflicts. You wear it with a smile and you will be rewarded for such bright spirit you bring to everyone who knows you. Love you...

About Me

My photo
I live in Champions Gate, FL with my husband and our four fur babies (3 cats and 1 dog)I spend my time either being creative or trying to get the creative juices flowing. I love to cook, go for swims and take the dog for long walks.