Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

I love Easter and this morning has been a very happy start to Easter. I hid eggs for Mike and we made each other Easter baskets - it's silly but I like getting into the traditions even if it's just for me and Mike. We colored eggs last night and I prepared all the food for today - I will post pictures later or tomorrow so stay tuned! In the meantime I hope you have a Happy and Healthy Easter!!

Ok and now or this week's challenge update. This week mom and I were challenged to make our own chipboard. Now in the past I've had issues with cutting and I can't draw for anything so I was nervous about this challenge but I have to tell you I'm happy with how it turned out and I'm loving that this challenge is really getting me in the scrap room and getting creative! I drew and cut out hearts and I textured them and inked them - maybe not something I will do all the time but I think I will definitely make my own chipboard embellishments in the future.

*Apparently the flipped pictures is not something I can fix but an acknowledged problem that is being worked on. I am also not the only one having trouble thank goodness!


It's funny mom also used heart shapes for her handmade chipboard and she added just the right embellishments to a page she had already been working on.



This week Ruth came over to hang out and I was able to introduce her to my new addiction - Twilight! But since Ruth was coming over I took the opportunity to get creative in the kitchen and I made a Swiss Cheese and Onion Quiche. I had never made a quiche before and I was really happy with how it turned out so there will be more quiche in our future. You can find the recipe here.



More Soon...

2 comments:

Ruth said...

It was delicious although I coudn't finish my 2nd slice because I was full.

kc2pyn said...

ooohh the quiche looks good. yum and the scrapbook pages came out very nicely

About Me

My photo
I live in Champions Gate, FL with my husband and our four fur babies (3 cats and 1 dog)I spend my time either being creative or trying to get the creative juices flowing. I love to cook, go for swims and take the dog for long walks.