Sunday, October 25, 2009

More Fun Fall Festivities!


My goodness October is flying right by. We are a week away from November and I can't believe it! But even though we are already making Thanksgiving plans and I already have a couple of Christmas presents purchased we are fully enjoying the Halloween season. On October 15th my fabulous husband took me to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party. Now Disney is always a place where the young and young at heart can let go and be kids and just have fun and this is certainly true at Not So Scary. Because it had been so warm here in Orlando Mike and I opted to not dress in costume I just wore a Halloween t-shirt and we called it a night. It was so much fun running around the Magic Kingdom, trick or treating, watching the parade and fireworks, taking photos with characters and riding the rides. It was a great night and just nice to be silly with Mike.





Mike had to go to California but this time instead of hanging out alone my grandmother decided to pop down for
a quick visit. We had such a good time, we went out to eat, we shopped, we went to Epcot for a little Food & Wine Festival Fun and I took grandma to a character breakfast and that was just the best! My grandmother is just the cutest, I love having time with her and hopefully I spoiled her just a tiny bit even though it still wouldn't come close to the way she's spoiled all of us through the years!





Now I'm happy to have Mike home and we've had a nice relaxing weekend catching up with all our TV shows and tonight I actually made a new recipe tonight - Penne a la Carbonara, it is a Giada De Laurentiis recipe and can be found here. I've always shied away from Carbonara because getting the eggs just right makes me nervous but I guess I didn't have anything to worry about because we thought it was delicious and Mike keeps looking at me and thanking me for dinner so I guess I got it right!



Now this week I'll be gearing up for Halloween and making tasty trips to give out to friends and family! Stay tuned and I'll be sure to take lots of pictures of course!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Champions Gate, FL with my husband and our four fur babies (3 cats and 1 dog)I spend my time either being creative or trying to get the creative juices flowing. I love to cook, go for swims and take the dog for long walks.