Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Living Life One Adventure at a Time!

For several weeks my dear friend Gabby has mentioning us training together to run a 5K in March, this is a idea I resisted - I have long been of the opinion that you only run when chased - but suddenly last Tuesday I woke up and decided I would indeed embark on this adventure and train for the 5K, I would give running a chance. What do I have to lose right? I could certainly use the energy boost, and I could absolutely use loosing some weight, so I woke up bright and early Wednesday morning and started my training! I'm taking it really really slow! I'm using the Couch-to-5K program, since that is exactly what I'm doing and it is basically intervals of running and walking, building up stamina and on off days from running you do some form of strength training. So I've been doing it for just under a week and I absolutely already feel the difference in my energy level!! I will keep you all posted on my progress but it's something I really want to take seriously! Wish me luck!

My lovely friend and neighbor Anna has been spoiling me by taking me on little adventures. She will call in the morning and then whisk me off to places that I've yet to explore here in the area. Last week Anna took me to Lake Alfred where we explored beautiful shops, lunched in an amazing tea room and bought goodies at a tea and bake shop. It was so nice being out, exploring a hidden gem and talking to Anna, gathering ideas, sharing thoughts and stories just an all around pleasant day and it gave me a chance to take some fun photos!

Inside the adorable Bake Shop!

Outside the tea room & bake shop

Thursday I was off on another adventure! I took Zanne to Epcot for a day enjoying the Food & Wine Festival! We took so many photos (you could tell we are both scrapbookers and crafters) we tasted yummy foods and enjoyed the fact that the park was pretty much empty. We explored nooks and crannies of the park that we hadn't thought to explore before and we laughed and enjoyed a day of girl time. The time spent with these fabulous gals and embarking on a new physical challenge has left me inspired and ready to create and to face each new adventure head on!!!



Halloween post coming soon...

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Champions Gate, FL with my husband and our four fur babies (3 cats and 1 dog)I spend my time either being creative or trying to get the creative juices flowing. I love to cook, go for swims and take the dog for long walks.