Monday, August 23, 2010

Crafting with Mom!

Every time I visit my parents me and mom plan to craft, and though we always go shopping for craft items we never actually sit and get projects done - until this visit that is! The day I arrived mom and I visited Archivers and bought goodies and then the very next day we went to mom's local scrapbooking store and bought even more goodies and then the wonders of wonders - we got back to the house, settled into mom's fabulous scrap area and got to work!



We each created a layout for a challenge
on Let's Scrap using Cosmo Cricket products. It was so much fun working with mom, bouncing ideas off each other, chatting and laughing. We took pictures while we worked, and played with photos and paper and stickers and helped each other with our embellishment placement and journaling! We both based our layout on the same sketch and I always love to see how different layouts look even though the sketch and products were very similar!

Mom's layout! I love that she used a photo of herself! And all the fun embellishments and mix and matched title fit the silly photo!

I took my layout in a different direction a little more romantic and girly! I paired the Cosmo Cricket papers and embellishments with some Girls Paperie Embellishments they added the absolute perfect touch.

As if putting together these layouts wasn't ground breaking enough the next day mom and I followed Lain Ehmann's tutorial from her guest blog post and went crazy decorating notebooks! We had so much fun with this project! I have a feeling I will be churning these out for the holidays I think they will make amazing stocking stuffers!

one of mom's notebooks - my favorite of the bunch

one of my notebooks. I went for girly and cutesy to use for grocery lists - of course I had to include the coffee cup!

my notebook using very cool Graphic 45 papers! Love this! Not sure what I'll use it for yet but I love to look at it!

Mom's super cool notebook. She did hers first and gave me good ideas :)

So yes I was a bad blogger and I forgot to post on my blog's anniversary but I was crafting!!! Stay tuned more exciting posts coming your way!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Champions Gate, FL with my husband and our four fur babies (3 cats and 1 dog)I spend my time either being creative or trying to get the creative juices flowing. I love to cook, go for swims and take the dog for long walks.