I am beyond excited to introduce today's guest blogger! She is none other then superstar scrapbooker Lain Ehmann! She is the genius behind the Layout a Day workshop I joined in May and Scraphappy.org! Lain always leaves me inspired and this post is no different!! Enjoy!!!
Well, I don't know how things are going at your house, but around here, we're gearing up for back-to-school. On one hand, that makes me pretty excited (I get my life back!). But on the other hand, it makes me more than a little nervous. We've got to clean out the dressers. We've got to buy new shoes. We've got to get twelve 6-packs of washable gluesticks. We've got to order books, order backpacks, order lunchboxes. Where is my notepad??
Ahhh... here it is!
And here's how you can create a super-cute notebook to collect all your end-of-summer, back-to-school errands and notes.
1. Grab a plain ole' notepad. Mine was 5x8, and it was even half-used-up! Doesn't matter. We'll make it cute. ;)
2. Trim a piece of patterned paper or cardstock to slightly longer than your notepad (in my case, I trimmed it to 5x9").
3. Adhere the "extra" flap of the patterned paper over the top and to the back of your notepad. Use lots of adhesive!!! (I don't recommend using a gluestick -- especially the washable ones you bought for your kids' school supplies!)
4. This is what the back will look like. Not too exciting, but hey, it's the BACK!
5. Crease the top of your cover so that it will flip up easily.
6. Start embellishing! I used my scallop border punch to create a cute little edge.
7. Keep embellishing! I added a bottom strip of patterned paper, some ribbon, a button/paper flower, and some letters. It's adorable, if I do say so myself!
8. Make your notes. Go shopping. Breathe deeply. Smile. Ahhh... isn't that nice?
About the author: Lain Ehmann is a blogger (and scrapbooker) who dedicates herself to educating and liberating scrapbookers via online inspiration, education, and fun. For a copy of her Super-Secret Fast Scrapbooking tips, visit her at www.getscraphappy.com.
- ► 2011 (30)
- ▼ August (7)
- ► 2009 (88)