Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Let's Get Creative!

So, if you've been reading my blog lately you know I've been in a bit of a creative rut. Partly I think because I haven't been feeling well and aside from the cruise I've been pretty much apartment bound and more then that I've been pretty much couch bound. I do try to workout every day but aside from that I've had no energy and no interest in doing much. The weekend contained a lot of canceled plans because I just felt so run down and so out of sorts. My sinuses are out of whack and that's continuing today too which will problem mean canceled plans for this evening as well. I am doing my best to feel 100% by the weekend so I don't have to cancel any of the fun things we have planned then. So as a way to really pull me out of this dumpy under the weather mood I've been in I joined The Creativity Project. Read all about it on Lisa Day's blog. The purpose of this project is to get thinking creatively which is something I've kinda lost sight of lately so I started yesterday. I didn't do anything huge but I did work on digitally altering photos and I tried things I wouldn't have tried before. I also put together some elements for a card I want to make today. I also allowed myself to day dream for several minutes. I sometimes feel that is an important aspect to creativity is just let your mind wander and see where it takes you. You never know what crazy creative things can come from that.

Yesterday I also photographed and hung the new canvas I made. I am really trying to refresh the photos we have up here and get creative with the way I show case some of them. So I took a photo of me and Mikey and added a digital brush to it from House of 3 , I painted the canvas with Tim Holtz's crackle paint and then used Basic Grey paper, a bunch of buttons and a title from K & Company and I have to say I'm in love with the finished product because it was something different for me and I'm proud I thought out of my normal box. Can't wait to hear what you think!






Now one good thing that has come out of my living as a hermit this last week and change is that I haven't even wanted to go out to eat!! Ok I'll give you a moment to let that sink in - ok back with me? So being that I haven't wanted or felt up to going out I have been cooking! Friday night I made a new recipe - Brown-Sugar-Mustard-Glazed Salmon and it was totally delicious! I found the recipe in the latest issue of Rachael Ray's magazine and you can find it here.



One of our cancelled plans this weekend was an Amazing Race viewing party with our friends Mike and Wil, this was the weekend activity I was looking forward to the most, not because I love reality tv but I love spending time with Mike and Wil and we all bring food that coincides with where the contestants will be traveling that week. So when I got out of bed Sunday morning I fully intended to participate in this event not realizing that the zero sleep I got would catch up with me. But I made a Romanian Apple Cake for the event and it was yummy! I had one slice before shipping it off to work with Mikey so that he could make sure Mike and Wil got a piece. Hopefully they will weigh in on how it tasted! I got the recipe here. This Sunday we are hosting the Amazing Race party and the food will be from Siberia! Wish us luck with that one. It should be fun!



Well that's all for now I'm going to get to work on my creative activity for today, I will post the results soon!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The recipes look amazing! I wish I was close by, I would come to the amazing race party. I just love that show.

I have been in a creative funk also, but have started to work on some adorable purses (i will be putting pics on my bolg) and I still have to work on the scrapbook page for my Goddaughter's new baby.

Zanne said...

Can you bring that cake to the next workshop? Yummy!!! Love your new projects and the new blog design! I have a huge canvas hanging in my craft room using the Basic Grey Urban Couture line....It is somewhere on my blog! I feel like a couch potato lately....ugh...

About Me

My photo
I live in Champions Gate, FL with my husband and our four fur babies (3 cats and 1 dog)I spend my time either being creative or trying to get the creative juices flowing. I love to cook, go for swims and take the dog for long walks.