Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It's Recipe Time!!

I realize it's been a while since I posted a new recipe. Now that doesn't mean I haven't been cooking around here but with the new diet and the restrictions not every meal is all that exciting. But this week I've been filled with energy and I've been super duper productive so today I went through a few of the recipes on my to be tried list and decided on Roasted Pork Chops with Polenta from Real Simple magazine. You can find the recipe here.




I am not a huge pork chop fan but these were yummy and juicy and I just love roasted tomatoes so that really was a big selling point. I made a few little changes I used much less oil adding olive oil pam instead and for the polenta I used reduced fat gorgonzola instead of the gruyere, not that I don't love gruyere cause I totally do but I had the reduced fat cheese at home. I also threw in a little bit of garlic and low fat butter spread. Let me know if you give this recipe a try!!

Don't forget the big giveaway!!

1 comment:

Leese said...

well it sure looks YUMMY!!! and i'm not a big pork chop person either but those look nice and moist (that sounded YUCK) LOL!!!! it's AWESOME how you're trying to experiment...do what you love..which is cook but do it healthy....not easy to do!!!! AWESOME JOB my friend!!!!! i'm so proud of you!

About Me

My photo
I live in Champions Gate, FL with my husband and our four fur babies (3 cats and 1 dog)I spend my time either being creative or trying to get the creative juices flowing. I love to cook, go for swims and take the dog for long walks.