Thursday, October 7, 2010

More Fall Goodness!

What is it about the Fall that makes you want to run in the kitchen and bake and cook? Doesn't that happen to everyone? It most certainly happens to me! The other day it was so beautiful out that I just threw the patio door open and I decided to bake cookies - many many cookies! The draw back to baking all these cookies is that I can't eat them but I happily gave them away and Mike is doing a good job at eating them. I made a new recipe Double-Chocolate Cherry Cookies that are in the new Betty Crocker Fall Baking book, Mike tried to talk me out of buying another new cookbook but I showed him a couple of these recipes and he threw the book on the conveyor belt so it's pretty good that I decided to bake for him right away.


Now I may have mentioned once or twice how much I love pumpkin anything and some of you might remember how last year I posted about the pumpkin shortage and I spent all of last Fall stockpiling cans of pumpkin. This week there was a press release that the pumpkin shortage is over and that cans of pumpkin will be back on our shelves soon! In order to celebrate this very happy news I made Weight Watchers Tuscan Pumpkin-White Bean Soup - you can find the recipe here. I had a lot of points left that day so I topped the soup with some reduced fat blue cheese crumbles, so delicious!! There is just nothing like cooking in the Fall!



Stay tuned for a Layout a Day update!

1 comment:

Rachele said...

I know exactly what you are talking about. I become suddenly motivated to cook and bake in the fall. And that soup looks yummy!

About Me

My photo
I live in Champions Gate, FL with my husband and our four fur babies (3 cats and 1 dog)I spend my time either being creative or trying to get the creative juices flowing. I love to cook, go for swims and take the dog for long walks.