Monday, May 11, 2009

Good Friends and Good Times

I have been a very bad blogger lately so I'm going to try to catch up a little bit. First off, Mike's mom is still in the hospital. It has been 3 weeks and she's been in 3 different rooms. The poor thing is going stir crazy but hopefully she will get to go home this week.

Next up, we started our much anticipated Summer movie viewing! We saw Wolverine which was ok and Star Trek which was AWESOME! If you haven't seen it, stop what you are doing and go right now! It was incredible!

Now on to the big reason I've been a bad blogger - After a lot of nagging, anticipation and planning our awesome friends Lisa, Mark and their little guy Alex made it to Florida!! We had an awesome time at the Disney parks, I love watching the faces of the little ones who are just experiencing the parks for the first time. What a thrill! I also loved getting to hang out with Lisa and Mark and be silly and go on rides and laugh and make jokes and people watch! And I loved getting to meet Lisa's parents Rick and Phyllis!!


I love these two to bits and pieces!

Alex with his grandpa in front of Cinderella Castle for the very first time!!

This big guy decided to cross right in front of our jeep while on the Safari at the Animal Kingdom!

Phyllis is loving Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade!

Alex also loved the parade - could be the awesome seats we had - of course we waited an hour and a half for the parade so we earned our good seats!

Me and little cutie Alex waiting in line for Toy Story Mania!

Alex meeting Mike and Sully from Monsters, Inc. This was a big thrill!!

Meeting Lightning McQueen and Mater! Another thrill for the little guy - you'll notice he's decked out from head to toe in Cars gear!!

The first night the gang rolled into town we had everyone here for dinner which led to my first new recipe in a while. I made Giada's Garlic and Sun-Dried Tomato Corn Muffins, they came out amazing! I will definitely be making these again and again and again! You can find the recipe here.



Of course these are only a few of the pictures I took while the gang was here overall I took about 400!!

Next up a challenge update! Stay Tuned!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Champions Gate, FL with my husband and our four fur babies (3 cats and 1 dog)I spend my time either being creative or trying to get the creative juices flowing. I love to cook, go for swims and take the dog for long walks.