Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wacky Wednesday

What a day today was! Mike and I had 7:30AM appointments to get blood work done, when we get to the place they let us know that the blood test the doctor prescribed for Mike will take 2 hours!! Of course we figured we would only be there a half hour tops so we were caught a little off guard and I was caught without a book to read. Thank goodness my phone can access the internet since there were only two magazines in the waiting room and they did not take two hours to read. Though I did get a great recipe idea - more on that later!!

The two hours went a little faster then I anticipated and we were on our way. We made a quick pit stop at Panera's, I love their coffee and bagels and since there isn't one super close to the house we decided to stop. I know, I know I'm not supposed to be drinking coffee but Panera's hazelnut coffee is just way to good to pass up. I also ordered a cinnamon crunch bagel and hazelnut cream cheese - hey the cream cheese was reduced fat - at least that's the argument I used to talk myself into my breakfast choice. When asked if I wanted the bagel sliced or toasted I said I wanted it neither sliced or toasted - unfortunately when I got home I found the bagel had been both and didn't taste quite the same, of course I ate every bite of it anyway.

Mike decided he wanted to make sloppy joes for dinner so I ran to the store to get the stuff he needed and to get the stuff for the great idea I saw
in the waiting room magazines. I made strawberry limeade! I just grabbed a couple of cans of limeade concentrate and some fresh strawberries and blended them together. This was particularly delicious when mixed with a little Diet Sprite! I think I will try more Summery drinks in the upcoming months. If you have any suggestions let me know I'd love to try them!!



Tonight after dinner Mike and I decided it was time to get in the pool for the first time this year, the complex pool is great and only gets really crowded on the weekends so we had the pool to ourselves. Unfortunately as soon as we got out there it started to rain, no big deal I thought we're wet in the pool anyway, but then the lightning and thunder followed and getting electrocuted was not on my to do list for today so after a grand total of 5 minutes in the pool we were back in the house in our pajamas. Oh well there is always tomorrow.



Tonight I had Mike take some pictures of me and Alyssa. Alyssa is such a sweetie she loves to curl up on my lap but knows to wait until I put a pillow out first (her claws sometimes find their way into my skin and that is not enjoyable) I love that in the evenings she loves to sleep on my and if I stop petting her she looks up at me and nuzzles my face it's really the cutest and something I want to be sure to remember!



Tomorrow I have to take Mike for his sleep study consultation but after that I have some serious crafting to do so stay tuned!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Champions Gate, FL with my husband and our four fur babies (3 cats and 1 dog)I spend my time either being creative or trying to get the creative juices flowing. I love to cook, go for swims and take the dog for long walks.