Friday, April 9, 2010

Cousins by Birth, Friends by Choice

Our story starts on the day my cousin Denise was born, it happened to be the day my mom found out she was pregnant with me. It's a story we've heard so many times that it's become a little bit of a running joke between me and Denise but I think it's the start of our bond as cousins and as friends. We were always close growing up I guess cause we were close in age but we've had lots of fun together over the years and we've always kept in touch. These days keeping in touch is a lot easier and Denise and I chat on Instant Messenger just about every day so when Denise decided to come down for a visit I was over the moon excited and we spent hours and hours on the computer planning all the fun things we would do.



Finally Denise arrived, not without some issues of course - a horrible storm, delays and a missed reservation but those few hiccups were worth it because once we got into the swing of the trip we had a fabulous time. We went to Epcot and the Magic Kingdom, we had tea at the Grand Floridian and a character breakfast at the Beach Club Resort, we went for Thai food, and we talked and talked and talked. It was great having Denise here after not seeing her for five years, it was great laughing together and taking photos and just feeling that we still shared that bond together. I also feel I needed that strictly girl time but also had the evenings for Denise to get to know Mike a little better and of course all the fur kids loved spending time with Denise!!



I truly hope it's not another five years before we see each other, hopefully I can get to New York soon to spend some time with Denise and see her new place and I hope she knows that she can come down to see us anytime she likes!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Champions Gate, FL with my husband and our four fur babies (3 cats and 1 dog)I spend my time either being creative or trying to get the creative juices flowing. I love to cook, go for swims and take the dog for long walks.