Sunday, April 18, 2010

Time for another Challenge!!

It's Challenge time!!!! So I've mentioned before that while my mom was here visiting with my dad we challenged ourselves to take photos that we wouldn't normally take and then follow up the picture taking challenge by doing a layout using those photos so last Sunday was the due date Mom and I assigned ourselves for this challenge!

As always I love my mom's layout! She really got into th
is challenge and used some of the really different shots we took, like the chandeliers handing from the ceiling in one of the shops in Downtown Disney and her empty espresso cup from dinner one night. It really brings back different memories of the trip. I also love that my mom used some of the Disney embellishments we cut while she was here and she used the new Tim Holtz flower dies from Sizzix - I love those and I'm way jealous that she has them haha!





For my layout I used the same sketch but I made sure I had more room for journaling and I did something I don't do very often - I mixed and matched pattern paper. My photos weren't as uncommon as the ones my mom used but me leaving dessert unfinished is a pretty rare occurrence! I also love the picture I took of my mom taking a picture, I liked getting a shot from over her shoulder, and the shot I took of mom from the back seat of the car and who thinks to take photos of clothes in the fitting room? They may not be common shots but they are important snippets of our visit!



Our next challenge is due today so I'll be posting those photos real soon!! Tomorrow I am starting Ali Edwards Week in the Life Project again. I'm excited to do this, I was so happy with how my October 2008 Week in the Life Project turned out and this time around Mom will be documenting her week with me. Like last time I will be posting every morning about the previous day's activities and photos. I hope you will join me for the fun project and great journey!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I live in Champions Gate, FL with my husband and our four fur babies (3 cats and 1 dog)I spend my time either being creative or trying to get the creative juices flowing. I love to cook, go for swims and take the dog for long walks.